Most people will say there is no way to save money on laundry if you live in an apartment. There are actually a few ways to save money on laundry, no matter where you live. Trying these few simple ideas can cut your laundry costs down. This will also help you manage your purchase of a new condo launch in Singapore.
- Laundry soap is the first place to start saving. Using either and off-brand or name-brand detergent will cost you between $4.00-$10.00 for a gallon jug. Manufacturers are kind enough to give us a dispense line on the bottle cap. However, you do not need use this much. Two tablespoons of soap will get the average load clean, and use a little more (another tablespoon) for extra soiled clothes. This alone will cut down how often you need to buy soap for the laundry.
- Using a laundry booster such as 20 Team Borax or Oxyclean will have your detergent working harder for you. The cost of 20 Team Borax is inexpensive where Oxyclean is a little more costly. Here again you do not use much and the savings will add up.
- Treat those stains as soon as possible. Some people swear by the stain removers. I have found that by purchasing a bar of Zote soap. Stains can be removed cheaply. A large bar of Zote will cost roughly 70 cents. You will get stains removed, covering your 70 cents and then some. If you are using Oxyclean or Borax you can also soak the stained clothes in a solution.
- Using liquid fabric softener will help keep your soft and can be done at a fraction of the cost. Use a Downy ball if you do not have a dispenser. All fabric
softener can be diluted with water down to last longer.
- Hang up your laundry. Whether you pay for the dryer or pay for the power it uses. The dryer is a huge energy hog. Face it, if you are putting $1.00 or more in a coin-operated machine to dry your clothes. It is costing a small fortune. Since coin-operated machines, rarely get your clothes dry in the time alloted. Wait don’t say you have no space. You have more space than you realize. Purchasing some good solid drying racks will reinforce the reason you don’t want to use the dryer. These are collapsible so you can store them when not in use. Doing a search for dryer racks will show you all the possible ideas out there to hang your clothes. I prefer the butterfly style rack. Now the price of the dryer rack may scare you, don’t let it. Some of these racks are expensive. Running $40.00 or more. When purchasing these racks figure out how many loads of clothes do you have to hang in order to have them paid for. It won’t seem that bad in the long run. You are going to wash clothes either way. Your shower rod in your bathroom is another great place to hang clothes. Invest in a second tension rod and you now have extra drying space. The dryer also cause a lot of wear and tear on your clothes. Hanging up your clothes will allow them to last longer.
These simple tips will cut down on the amount of money you spend doing laundry. You do not need to have a clothesline to save money on laundry. Living in an apartment does not mean that you have to spend a ton of money on cleaning your clothes.