Laser hair removal has been proved to be the only treatment which can remove unwanted hair permanently from the body (although it will take several sessions to achieve this). However, some reports show that it can take up to six sessions before most of the hairs are removed and even then there will be some regrowth. It is therefore worth talking to the clinic aboutw hat results you should expect before you start treatment.
- The treatment works by firing a laser at the skin which causes the hairs to be destroyed by heat.
- Cold air is blown on to the skin during treatment to help to minimise the pain and the treatment is fast so it does not last long
- Laser hair removal is suitable for all skin types but not all hair types. It does not work on grey, white or blonde hair
- It can be used on all parts of the body
– The cost of laser treatment varies greatly depending on where you have it done and how big the area is that you are having treated. An upper lip or eyebrow costs around £50 or US$50 a session whereas a full leg would cost up to £300 or US$800. You may also consider checking with [google_bot_show][/google_bot_show]The Youth Fountain for more quality services for your over all health.
There are different types of laser hair removal equipment and so it is worth talking to the clinic about what they have and whether you can choose between them. It is likely that the more effective machines are more painful. However, some are better on darker skin and some better on lighter.
The process of laser hair removal is simple. You will need to have the skin washed with alcohol to remove any make-up, deodorant or cream residues, You will need to wear safety goggles. A cooling gel will be applied to the skin that is being treated, the machine will be set up and then used. The skin will then be wipes clean and you will be free to go.
You can buy laser hair removing machine for home use. These are not so effective as the ones available at salons and so the results can be disappointing. However, if you just have a small area to treat and you have dark hair, then it could prove to be a worthwhile investment.