I feel there is one very important word that should close down the “To Spy or Not To Spy” debate: Trust. Looking over your kids’ shoulders not only shows that you don’t trust them to know the difference between right and wrong, but it also violates any trust that they had in you. But if that’s not enough, how is this?
If a kid wants to do something enough, they will find a way to do it behind your back. You can close all of the windows and doors, and they will find a mouse hole somewhere to escape through–and unless you intend to literally watch them every second of every day, they will find a way to explore the things you have placed an interdiction on. I use as a case in point example, a girl I dated for a while without her mother’s knowledge for almost two years. This is a fact of life, and is not an indictment of your children as “bad”–they are human.
Instead of trying to build a parental panopticon around your children, build instead an environment in which they are not afraid to talk to you about the things they are thinking about and talking about with friends. Instilling the knowledge of morality and trusting them to come to you for wisdom is a far better solution than hovering around them and not allowing them to live their lives. Obviously, you’re not going to get 7-year-old Johnny a six pack, but as he gets older, you don’t need to keep as much of an eye on him. I know that this works, because it’s the dynamic that my mother and I had before I moved out, and I have already written about her wisdom.
It is this watchful behavior that puts children off and they start becoming annoyed with your presence that acts as a catalyst for them to drift further away from you as they find your presence intruding and they would rather be living in a boarding school than here.
Bear in mind that giving them the freedom to make their decisions means that they will sometimes make stupid decisions, and they will sometimes get hurt. However, they are also at risk of slipping and breaking an arm or a neck in the shower–and I sincerely doubt that you intend to get in the shower with them to save them from that. I have been able to talk to my mother about just about anything, and to get her opinions, wisdom and information on the subject. If I take her thoughts on board, and go ahead and do something she disapproves of anyway, there is only one punishment that really gets through to me: Not being grounded or spanked, not having my car taken away; my mother’s disappointment.
What this all also requires goes back to my original point: Trust. Learn to trust your kids, and be there for them when they need you.
There is no need to mention how important water is for survival; most importantly, clean and fresh water. However, the fact is, we don’t always get to drink the best quality water. Yes, the water supply department does treat the water with different types of filtration process in order to get rid of the contaminations; however, it doesn’t always prove to be sufficient. Often it is found that the water which we use for drinking at your home contain considerable amount of impurities; which can have severe effect on our health. Therefore, in order to ensure that you are offering the best quality of drinking water to your family, there are a couple of measures which you need to adopt.
In the following section of this article, you will be offered a brief insight on some of the methods which you can use for filtering water at your home
Three Methods of Water Filtration at your Home
There are different ways by which you can filter the drinking water which is supplied at your home. Here are a couple of effective ways which can ensure that the water which you are consuming is free from all kinds of contaminations.
- Activated Carbon:
One of the main properties of carbon is the fact that it helps to remove contaminants by bonding into the water chemically. Some are used for the purpose of removing the content of chlorine for improving the taste and odour, while others are used to remove different types of harmful contaminants, like lead and mercury. It needs to be mentioned in this regard that the carbon filters are not capable of removing different types of inorganic pollutants like fluoride, nitrates, arsenic and others. Usually, carbon filters are sold in granulated or block form in the market.
Distillation is one of the oldest, yet effective methods for water filtration. In this process, the water is vaporized by applying heat to a very high temperature. Then, the vapour is re-condensed to liquid, drinkable water. Distillation has proven to be very effective when it comes to removing different types of minerals, chemicals and microorganisms, whose boiling points are very high. However, distillation is not the best option if you looking to remove chlorine and other kinds of organic chemicals, which are volatile in nature.
Mechanical filters are not capable of removing different types of chemical contaminants, however, they have proven to be an excellent option for those, who want to get rid of the cysts and sediments which are present in the drinking water supplied to their home. Mechanical filters come with small holes which play a very important role in the process of removing these impurities. At times, mechanical filters are used alongside different other types of filtration mechanisms. If the water which is supplied to your home contains excessive amount of particles and dirt, in that case, a mechanical filter would just be the perfect option for you.
These are 3 popular water filtration processes which can be tried at home. You can also try Brita Pitcher, to get pure and clean drinking water.
(Saturn is considered to be the most malefic planet of all. At the same time, it’s eventual impact is considered to soothe out all the early ill-impacts.) Other than this, Blue Sapphire is considered to be too effective in its impact to drive one to the pinnacle the reputation in all aspects. If allocated properly, then Blue Sapphire can also fade away all sorts of misfortunes from one’s life, even those who are intact since a long time. An absolute pure and immaculate Blue Sapphire also bestows its wearer with abundance of healthiness, prosperity, contentment, longevity, reputation, recognition, and security in life. Also, with Blue Sapphire, one is able to reinstate the lost wealth and material things. For women, Neelam can be the stone with which they can revitalize their fertility. People suffering from the ailments of fainting, epilepsy, virility, mental disorder, deafness, and hair loss problems are highly recommended to bear the very useful Blue Sapphire gemstone.
Blue Sapphire or Neelam stone has its own share of beliefs as considered and believed in the world of Astrology. Here are some of the most prominent ones.
- If someone has got bitten by a scorpion bite, then Blue Sapphire can be used as a healing tool. Blue Sapphire should be put in some water, and then that water can be applied to the portion of the scorpion bite to eliminate the poison effect.
- Blue Sapphire or Neelam can be effectively used as a tool of Talisman with which one can protect oneself from all sorts of evil impacts and negative energies.
- When the wearer of Blue Sapphire experiences a change in the color of it, he / she should take it as a warning of an attack, threat, or conspiracy from his / her rivals.
- Blue Sapphire worn near the heart can confer its wearer with a state of tranquility of heart.
Be Cautious With Blue Sapphire
It is not necessary for everyone to only draw benefits from Blue Sapphire. An imperfect or blemished Blue Sapphire can create a lot of problems in one’s life, to the same extent with which an immaculate Blue Sapphire or Neelam stone can create benefits for its wearer. The adverse impact as born out of the Blue Sapphire can be of very high intensity creating a complete uproar in one’s life. Also, Blue Sapphire in its intrinsic features holds some flaws, which adversely impact the life of its wearer. For instance, a Blue Sapphire with white lines over it can adversely affect one’s eyes, and bring poverty to one’s life. A conked out Blue Sapphire can bring in bad luck in one’s life in aspects of making its wearer meet through accidents. A dual colored Blue Sapphire can result in sorrow and pain and might bring in troubles in the wearer’s life from the side of the rivals. In case, if Blue Sapphire changes its color or gets splintered, then it should be immediately taken off. With the changes in color, there will be change in the حظك اليوم of the person. All the essential information should be gathered from the website of horoscope and astrology.
Astrology recommends everyone to possess Blue Sapphire only after giving it a trail for a week. Within an adequate week’s time, one can clearly judge the suitability of Blue Sapphire or Neelam stone for oneself. In that week’s time only, one will be able to draw a conclusion regarding the suitability and nature of impact of the gemstone over oneself, i.e. if it is generating positive impact or negative impact.
Most people will say there is no way to save money on laundry if you live in an apartment. There are actually a few ways to save money on laundry, no matter where you live. Trying these few simple ideas can cut your laundry costs down. This will also help you manage your purchase of a new condo launch in Singapore.
- Laundry soap is the first place to start saving. Using either and off-brand or name-brand detergent will cost you between $4.00-$10.00 for a gallon jug. Manufacturers are kind enough to give us a dispense line on the bottle cap. However, you do not need use this much. Two tablespoons of soap will get the average load clean, and use a little more (another tablespoon) for extra soiled clothes. This alone will cut down how often you need to buy soap for the laundry.
- Using a laundry booster such as 20 Team Borax or Oxyclean will have your detergent working harder for you. The cost of 20 Team Borax is inexpensive where Oxyclean is a little more costly. Here again you do not use much and the savings will add up.
- Treat those stains as soon as possible. Some people swear by the stain removers. I have found that by purchasing a bar of Zote soap. Stains can be removed cheaply. A large bar of Zote will cost roughly 70 cents. You will get stains removed, covering your 70 cents and then some. If you are using Oxyclean or Borax you can also soak the stained clothes in a solution.
- Using liquid fabric softener will help keep your soft and can be done at a fraction of the cost. Use a Downy ball if you do not have a dispenser. All fabric
softener can be diluted with water down to last longer.
- Hang up your laundry. Whether you pay for the dryer or pay for the power it uses. The dryer is a huge energy hog. Face it, if you are putting $1.00 or more in a coin-operated machine to dry your clothes. It is costing a small fortune. Since coin-operated machines, rarely get your clothes dry in the time alloted. Wait don’t say you have no space. You have more space than you realize. Purchasing some good solid drying racks will reinforce the reason you don’t want to use the dryer. These are collapsible so you can store them when not in use. Doing a search for dryer racks will show you all the possible ideas out there to hang your clothes. I prefer the butterfly style rack. Now the price of the dryer rack may scare you, don’t let it. Some of these racks are expensive. Running $40.00 or more. When purchasing these racks figure out how many loads of clothes do you have to hang in order to have them paid for. It won’t seem that bad in the long run. You are going to wash clothes either way. Your shower rod in your bathroom is another great place to hang clothes. Invest in a second tension rod and you now have extra drying space. The dryer also cause a lot of wear and tear on your clothes. Hanging up your clothes will allow them to last longer.
These simple tips will cut down on the amount of money you spend doing laundry. You do not need to have a clothesline to save money on laundry. Living in an apartment does not mean that you have to spend a ton of money on cleaning your clothes.
Every grown man is a kid at heart. So, nothing is more disappointing than a stocking stuffed with practical gifts like socks and underwear for Christmas. Many families provide a stocking for every family member at Christmas time. It would be a really exciting tradition if the stocking wasn’t stuffed with nose hair trimmers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, socks, a shoe shine kit, soap, and deodorant. If it’s the thought that counts, someone thinks you look like a bum, smell bad, have bad breath, and need to shine your shoes. There must be better stocking stuffer gifts for men! Here are six ideas for stocking stuffers for men:
- A Knife. You don’t have to go all psycho and get the Gordon 8-inch Survival Knife from Harbor Freight. But, a nice little pocket knife makes for a fun, manly, and slightly practical gift. Best of all, pocket knives fit well into a Christmas Stocking. Little pocket knifes like the Buck 425 MiniBuck and Case MiniBlackhorn are very inexpensive and Made in the USA. A Case Sodbuster Junior is a slight step up in price and very practical. If you have a little more to spend a Gerber Suspension Multi-Tool is a fun and practical gadget for lots of little jobs and the Kershaw 1550ST Blackout is a great knife for an outdoorsman. There are lots of great knives available in the stocking stuffer range of $10 to $50.
- A Wristwatch. A good bang around watch always makes a great stocking stuffer and there are plenty of attractive watches available for less than $50. For $12, you can get a funky M.Z. Berger Analog-Digital Watch from Walmart. While $20 at Target will get you a fashionably styled Mossimo Watch from Target. The Big Box discount stores also have lots of great watches like the futuristic Armitron Square Digital Sports Watch and the basic Armitron All-Sport Digital Watch. The outdoorsman on your list might like a basic Timex Expedition watch, while the computer technologist on your list might like the retro styling of the classic Casio Men’s Digital Watch. Wonderful watches aren’t all that expensive and make great stocking stuffers. Surely, with this watch, it will complement whatever type of men hair cut the recipient has. With its classy and elegant design, you will never go wrong with it.
- A Good Flashlight. If you want a truly macho gift, you might check out the American-made flashlights from Maglite. While a full-sized Maglite might not fit in a typical stocking, the Mini Maglite LED packs a lot of power into a small stocking stuffer sized package.
- Electric Shaver. There has always been something cool about the electric razor. While the purist may eschew electric shavers in favor of traditional blades, when you’ve got someplace to be an electric shaver comes in handy. Fortunately, basic entry level shavers like the Remington DA-307 Microscreen Shaver and the Norelco Micro Action Plus Rotary Shaver sell for less than $50. If you want a really cheap infomercial alternative, the MICROforce Wet/Dry Electric Shaver does the job on battery power and can be an essential item for a man’s desk.
- Cheap Sunglasses. If you are trying to stay infomercial cheap, a guy can never have too many pairs of cheap sunglasses. Sunglasses like BluBlocker Vipers or HD Vision WrapArounds are cheap and great to have in your car or around the house when you need them.
- Compact Binoculars. Finally sportsmen will enjoy having a decent pair of compact binoculars. At the low end, Tasco Essentials 8×21 binoculars are very affordable and they fit great into a man’s Christmas stocking.
- All of these men’s stocking stuffer gifts have one thing in common: they are better than socks, toothpaste, deodorant, or nose hair clippers.